ABE-DC Summer PDI
Join us for the ABE-DC Summer Professional Development Institute (PDI)! From July 15-18, high school science teachers in the District of Columbia will be trained on ABE labs 1, 2a, 4a, 5a, and 6. Upon completion of the PDI, teachers will become eligible to borrow a biotech kit of research-grade laboratory equipment and reagents to complete the curriculum with their students.
Preference will be given to DC public high school science teachers. Space is limited to 15 teachers, so register now to secure your spot!
- Laboratories 1.1 and 1.2: Micropipetting and Gel Electrophoresis
- Laboratory 2A: Preparing to Verify the rfp Gene: Digesting the pARA-R Plasmid
- Laboratory 4A: Verification of the Recombinant Plasmid Using Gel Electrophoresis
- Laboratory 5A: Transforming Bacteria with the pARA-R Plasmid
- Laboratory 6: Purifying the Fluorescent Protein