SF/Bay Area Complete Series PDI
This workshop covers the Complete Series of the ABE Curriculum. This workshop is held at the Lawrence Hall of Science. New-to-ABE teachers and experienced ABE teachers who have had the Abridged Series training are welcome to attend this workshop. Teachers previously trained on the Complete Series are welcome to repeat this workshop. This workshop will include the colony PCR lab and protein purification. Please note that you must attend all four days of the workshop to be eligible to receive materials to teach the curriculum.
- Laboratories 1.1 and 1.2: Micropipetting and Gel Electrophoresis
- Laboratory 2: Preparing to Clone the rfp Gene: Digesting the pKAN-R and pARA
- Laboratory 3: Building the pARA-R Plasmid
- Laboratory 4: Verification of Restriction and Ligation Using Gel Electrophoresis
- Laboratory 5: Transforming Bacteria with the Ligation Products
- Laboratory 6: Purifying the Fluorescent Protein