ABE-DC Weekend PDI
This two-day weekend PDI is open to DC high school science teachers and will cover the Abridged Genetic Engineering Sequence. After successful completion of the training, teachers will be eligible to borrow ABE lab kits beginning in the Spring 2020 semester.
- Laboratories 1.1 and 1.2: Micropipetting and Gel Electrophoresis
- Laboratory 2A: Preparing to Verify the rfp Gene: Digesting the pARA-R Plasmid
- Laboratory 4A: Verification of the Recombinant Plasmid Using Gel Electrophoresis
- Laboratory 5A: Transforming Bacteria with the pARA-R Plasmid
- Laboratory 6: Purifying the Fluorescent Protein